Your possibilities with AlumNode.
- Want to ask an ERC-grantee for advice on your own application?
- Searching for information from experienced professionals on working in industry?
- Trying to meet up with fellow alumni while attending a conference abroad?
- Looking for someone doing research that could facilitate your project?
AlumNode makes it easy to find these alumni, check out the map to see who could be working nearby.
You can connect with everyone through the network or via channels on your profile like email, LinkedIn, Research Gate etc., so make sure your profile is comprehensive.
Our Community Manager will also help you to find members or make suggestions.
There are three thematic categories:
- Leadership & Career Development
- Advocacy & Science Communication,
- Projects & Collaborations
You can find compatible alumni to form a peer-mentoring group, collect information about various aspects of the topic and share content that you found helpful.
You can receive funding for up to 7.000 euros for joint projects in each of the three categories.
Possible projects could be, but are not limited to:
- a career development workshop
- a workshop on a research topic/ invite peers from the network to join the workshop
- a conference presentation with a fellow alumni including travel costs
- travel costs/expenses to write a joint paper
- an outreach or science communication project
- a collective article on popular science or science policy
- any interdisciplinary projects that foster cooperation within the network
The project members will be invited to present their results and share their experience at an alumni meeting in early 2020 in Heidelberg.
Based on your preferences and interests, AlumNode is designed to effectively match alumni and suggest other researchers who could be valuable contacts for your career. Have fun!
We will send you a regular digest of content from the network – of course, you can always opt out of receiving the newsletter.
Feel free to send us content that you would like us to distribute.