"Communicate Your Research, Make Society Better"
Free workshop for post docs and early career researchers in the humanities and the social sciences :
18-19 Feburary 2020
Two GSO-Leadership-Academy alumni, Torsten Weber and Anna-Sophie Jürgens, initiated the AlumNode project “Communicate Your Research, Make Society Better”. They have developed the idea of a hands on workshop for researchers to get trained in how to share their research results effectively with society. Questions like “How do we reach the appropriate audience?” or “What are effective ways of using Social Media?” will be tackled and discussed. Project leader Torsten knows that “explaining scientific research results is a tough job” but he is also convinced that it is necessary to communicate professionally and strategically to make research more accessible. This project is funded by AlumNode and allows participants to join a one and a half day workshop taking place in 2020. Further information on the project will be published soon.
To apply for this workshop please send
- a one-page document in English incl. short biographical information (max. 300 words),
- a paragraph on your expectations for the workshop, addressing also your experience of media and social media, and explaining your motivation to participate.
- New Deadline: 25 January 2020
- Dates of workshop: 18-19 February 2020
- Location: FU Berlin
- Language: English
- Participation is free of charge