To our Alumni of Brazil, China, India, Russia, South Africa, USA - this call is for you! The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow. Are you a graduate with initial leadership experience? Then come to Germany with a German Chancellor Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to take the next step in your career. Apply now!
- 12-month fellowship to carry out your proposed project at the host institution of your choice in Germany
- Fellowship grant of 2,170 EUR, 2,470 EUR or 2,770 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and professional experience. This includes a mobility allowance and a contribution to health and liability insurance.
- Networking opportunities and events, including:
- an opening conference in November (approx. one week);
- a half-time conference in the following spring (approx. one week);
- a meeting in Berlin in July with a reception at the German Chancellery (three days).
- Language fellowship that covers an intensive language course of up to 3 months immediately prior to the start of the fellowship in Germany
- Additional benefits
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Family allowances for accompanying family members
- Subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the host
- Europe allowance for a stay at an institute in another European country (though not the fellow’s own country); for one to two months during the course of the fellowship if necessary to ensure the success of the project
- Citizenship of Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA, including predominantly living and working in one of these countries
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- You will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is made.
- Initial proven leadership experience. Applicants with a predominantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity
- English and/or German language skills
- and more
Apply by October 15, 2021
Find all relevant information on the application on the webpage of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.