Open Call: Georg Forster Research Fellowship for researchers from developing and transition countries! Apply now (applications can be submitted at any time)and receive up to 2,670 euros monthly as a postdoc.
Researchers from developing and transition countries
Attention, researchers from developing and transition countries! The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports postdoctoral and experienced researchers with their research in Germany. Fellows will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and their diverse sponsorship portfolio.
Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India (see list of countries, PDF).
The research outline must deal with issues of major relevance to the future development of the candidate’s country or region of origin.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- doctorate or comparable academic degree completed less than four years prior to the date of application
- academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses
- choice of a research outline of major relevance to the future development of the candidate’s country or region of origin
- confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement at a host research institution in Germany
- language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English;
natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English
- citizenship and principal place of residence and work in a developing country, emerging economy or transition state (excluding PR China and India)