On a regular basis you will have the chance to virtually discuss the latest career hacks, informally get to know your peers better and actively network with them. On May 20, we will have two speakers from the community, who will be talking about what leadership means in academia and in an NGO.
Join our 2nd Virtual Coffee Break
May 20, 2021 - 4 pm (CEST)
Our “Virtual Coffee Break” event series opens up a space for discussions, peer exchange, and topic related input on a regular basis. Join us for informal and interesting meet-ups to:
- interactively get to know your community
- exchange tips on your career experience
- learn about hacks on networking, poster production, science communication, and more!
Schedule for the Coffee Break
- Welcoming new AlumNode Members - Fellows from the GSO Leadership Academy
- Speed-Networking with the Community
- Input Leadership
- in Academia (with Michelle) and
- in the NGO Sector (with Djordje)
- Post Event Networking on "Wonder.me"
About the Speakers
Both speakers are AlumNode members and Alumni of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum (HLF).
Đorđe Baralić (1st, 7th HLF Alumus)
is a Research Associate Professor and Deputy Director of the Mathematical Institute SANU, Belgrade Serbia. He earned his master's degree at the University of Kragujevac in 2008 and obtained his PhD from the University of Belgrade in 2013. His expertise: Toric Topology | Algebraic & Applied Topology. | Combinatorics | Geometry.
Michelle Stuhlmacher (6th HLF Alumna)
is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Geography at DePaul University, Chicago, IL (USA). She earned her master's degree in 2017 & her PhD in 2020 from the Arizona State University. Her expertise: Land System Science | Urban Socio-Environmental Systems | Sustainability Science | Remote Sensing & Spatial Analysis.
2nd Coffee Break: May 20, 2021
Prerequisite: For registering on AlumNode and its events you must be a fellow or alumnus/a of one of the following programs:
- Heidelberg Laureate Forum
- GSO Leadership Academy
- Klaus Tschira Boost Fund
- KlarText Award for Science Communication